*Yields 2 portions
This soup provides you with power from the inside and will let you shine from the outside!
You can also call this soup ‘the skin-booster’ soup.
Important ingredients for a strong immune system and radiant skin:
Onions, garlic, broccoli, bone broth and coconut fat.
• 3/4 cup bone broth (store bought or self-made)
• 1 broccoli (you can add zucchini as well)
• 2 garlic cloves
• ¼ cup coconut milk (or another heavy cream to choice)
• 1 shallot, minced
• 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• Fresh parsley, to garnish
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat the oil and sauté the shallots and garlic.
2. Add the broccoli, bone broth and heavy cream. Bring the heat to a boil.
3. Once it boils, reduce the heat and let it simmer for approx. 15 min.
4. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool down for 30 min.
5. When the soup is cooled down, add it to a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Return the soup to a pot and make it warm again.
7. Then add the cheddar and stir gently. Keep stirring until the cheese has fully melted.
8. Enjoy your soup and save one portion in your refrigerator or freezer.
Tip: If you like, you can add a slice of sour-bread as well to make it a more filling dish.
I always mention that it is important to listen to your body and not to over-eat. A possible good standard to keep to is to stop eating when you are 80-90% full.
Tip 2: sometimes people ask me what to do if the portions are not satisfying enough… I would then eat some extra protein. With this soup you can eat some chicken as a side dish or you can also add pieces of chicken to the soup (portion size would be around 2-4.5 oz.). You can also eat some salad or a home-made nut-bar with the soup.
Macros (per portion):
Carbs: 8,3 g.
Net carbs: 4,5 g.
Protein: 9,2 g.