*Yields 1 portion
Here is how eating good fats make you happy…:-).
This delicious meal is full of essential fats from the hemp seeds, olive oil and feta cheese. Essential fats are the fundamental building blocks for the production of hormones. An important hormone (among other hormones), for our state of mind is the well-known serotonin, so this is how consuming good fats makes you happy:-).
Chickpeas and hemp seeds are also both beautiful sources of plant-protein. In addition, it is high in proteins – about 25%. Next to all of that, it contains high levels of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc as well. All these vitamins and minerals play important roles in the production of hormones (but every natural product makes an important contribution to our health).
Here’s the super easy, super healthy recipe.
• Handful of fresh parsley
• ½ handful fresh mint
• 1 tomato
• ½ cup chickpeas, peeled
• ¼ cup hemp seeds (shelled)
• ½ tbsp. oil (avocado, olive oil etc.)
• ½ tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• ¼ cup crumbled goat-feta (goat-feta is low-lactose)
1. Put the parsley, mint, chickpeas and lemon juice in a blender and blend until minced.
2. Transfer the mix to a bowl and add the tomato, hemp seeds, oil and feta cheese.
Carbs: 25,2 g.
Net carbs: 18,7 g.
Fats: 19,1 g.
Protein: 22,9 g.