*Yields 1 portion
Ideal recipe for busy mornings.
• 3 eggs
• Vegetables to choice (I took my left-overs – broccoli, peas, cherry tomatoes and green lettuce).
• ½ cup cauliflower rice (I usually have ready-to-eat store-bought cauliflower rice in stock)
• A low carb sauce (I took ½ tbsp. mayonnaise and ½ tbsp. ketchup)
• Fresh and dried herbs to choice (like cayenne, garlic powder, paprika powder, cumin, etc.)
• 1 tbsp. chopped onion (optional)
1. Heat up a frying pan with ½ tablespoon coconut oil.
2. Put in the cauliflower rice and bake for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Then add 3 eggs and make it a scramble. Cook it until the eggs are done and put it on a plate.
3. Bake some vegetables of your choice in the same pan (I had broccoli, cherry tomatoes, peas and fresh green lettuce). Then add it to the eggs.
4. Add low-carb sauce to this. I had ketchup with mayonnaise and a tablespoon of freshly chopped onion.
5. Add fresh herbs and dry herbs to taste. I chose parsley, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and paprika powder.
Tip: do you want more calories so that you might feel more satisfied for a longer period of time? Add ¼ avocado, an extra egg and/or some cheese.
Carbs: 9,7 g.
Net carbs: 8,2 g.
Fat: 17,5 g.
Protein: 25,6 g.