*Yields 2 portions
• 4 tbsp. Moroccan Spice Blend
• 4 chicken drumsticks (or 2 chicken legs)
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 2 large carrots, chopped into 1-inch pieces
• 1 yellow onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
• 1 tbsp. Choc Zero Maple Syrup
• ½ cup mixed dried fruits; raisins, dates and cranberries)
• Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the Moroccan Spice Blend (makes 4 tablespoons):
• 2 tsp. ground cumin
• 2 tsp. ground ginger
• 1 ½ tsp. black pepper
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp. ground coriander
• 1 tsp. ground all spice
• ½ tsp. ground cloves
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
• ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C.
2. take a large baking dish and place the chicken in it. Coat the chicken with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Then add the Moroccan Spice Blend and marinate the chicken with it.
3. Place the chicken on one side of the baking dish. On the other side of the dish, place the peas, carrots, onion, ginger, garlic, 1 tbsp. olive oil and Moroccan Spice Blend. Mix the vegetables and herbs well together so that everything is well covered in oil and herbs.
4. Put the dish in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes. You can check whether the chicken is cooked by inserting a thermometer in it. When it is 165 C, it should be done.
5. While the chicken and veggies are roasting, make the sweet sauce. Add the dried fruits and maple syrup into a small saucepan and add enough water to cover.
6. Simmer about low heat for about 30 minutes until the fruit is soft and the water turns into a thicker sauce that coats the back of a spoon.
Warning: check in between and add water when needed. It can burn easily.
7. Place the chicken drumsticks and veggies on a plate and pour the sweet sauce over the chicken. ENJOY!
Macros (per portion):
Carbs: 58,1 g.
Net carbs: 51,2 g.
Fat: 23,5 g.
Protein: 22,3 g.