*Yields 1 portion
Have you ever tried to combine ground beef with raisins? It’s great! I hope you will like it as much as I do!
• 4,5 oz. ground beef
• Fingertip-size piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• ½ yellow onion, chopped
• Piece of cucumber, cubed
• ¼ bell pepper, chopped
• Handful germs
• Handful cooked or roasted sweet potato, cubed and seasoned to taste
(for example: garlic powder/paprika powder/salt/pepper OR
• 2 hands full slaw mix (dandelion, ice berg lettuce etc.)
• 5 small slices of avocado
• Handful soaked raisins (soak for at least 5 minutes in water)
• 1-2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• ½ tbsp. coconut oil
• ½ tbsp. avocado oil
1. Heat up a medium sized frying pan on medium heat. Add the coconut oil. When the coconut oil is melted, add the ginger, garlic and onion. Let it simmer for about 1 minute and keep stirring.
2. Add the ground beef and mix well. Then simmer for about 10 minutes with a lid on the pan. Stir everything every 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the raisins after 5 minutes to the ground beef-mix.
4. In the meantime prepare the salad – place the 2 hands full of slaw-mix on a deep plate, add the germ, cucumber, bell pepper and the sweet potato.
5. And prepare the vinaigrette: add the balsamic vinegar, mustard and avocado oil in a small bowl. Mix it well and divide it over the salad.
6. When the ground beef is done, add it to the salad as well and finish of with the slices of avocado.
Carbs: 24,9 g.
Net carbs: 19,8 g.
Fat: 39,1 g.
Protein: 22,3 g.