*Yields 2 portions
I thought a Caesar dressing would fit perfectly with this meal, but I start to believe that we can use a Caesar dressing with any dish.
Just a lot of happy taste buds I had today, again… 😛
Tip: instead of using chicken, you can also use shrimps, tofu, seitan, chickpeas etc.
• 9 oz. chicken breast, sliced. I marinated my chicken in Worcestershire sauce.
• 2 cups of greens and salad (I used Iceberg lettuce and bok choi)
• Handful of germ
• ¼ bell pepper, chopped
• ¼ cucumber, chopped
• 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• ¼ avocado, sliced
• 1 slice of cheddar cheese, melted 10 sec. in microwave
• Fresh parsley, to taste
Ingredients for the dressing:
• 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
• ¼ tsp. garlic powder
• Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take a large frying pan and put the coconut oil in it. Warm it up on medium heat.
You can marinade your chicken with, for example Worcestershire sauce before frying it which I would recommend, because it contains acid and that turns meat mushy and increases the meat’s ability to retain moisture.
2. Take a bowl and start building the salad – first add the greens, than the tomatoes, cucumber, paprika and germ, than add the chicken and slices of avocado.
3. On top you can add the melted cheddar cheese and sprinkle some pepper, salt, bell pepper powder etc. on top. Don’t forget the fresh parsley as well!
Macros (per portion):
Carbs: 11,0 g.
Net carbs: 5,2 g.
Fat: 29,3 g.
Protein: 28,1 g.