*Yields 2 portions (about 6-8 patties)
• 1 + ½ cup cauliflower, riced (florets in a food processor until finely grained)
• 2 tbsp. butter, melted
• 2 tbsp. cream cheese (from goats for low lactose)
• 4 slices bacon
• 1 + ½ cup endive, chopped
• 3 tbsp. mozzarella (from buffalo’s for low lactose)
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• Dried herbs to taste (I chose garlic, salt and pepper)
• 2 tbsp. red onion, chopped
1. Place the cauliflower in a medium size bowl with the melted butter and mix well.
2. Chop the bacon and fry it in a pan until it turns brown and crispy. Add the bacon to the cauliflower.
3. Now fry the endive in the same pan you fried the bacon in. Cook until it becomes tender and add it to the cauliflower mix as well.
4. Add the optional onion and mozzarella to the pan and fry until the mozzarella is melted. Then add it to the cauliflower mixture.
5. Make patties from the mixture.
6. Add the olive oil to the pan and heat the patties on medium heat. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
7. Eat 1 portion and store the other serving in the refrigerator.
Macros (per portion):
Carbs: 4,8 g.
Net carbs: 3,6 g.
Fat: 31,5 g.
Protein: 7,8 g.