*Yields 1 portion
Sometimes you just want pie, now… Then you don’t care what it looks like right? I made this desert at 6.00 in the morning. Very tasty and will keep me satisfied for the coming 3-4 hours. BRILLIANT. And full of good fats, fiber and protein!
Note: I use a lot of sweeteners. They all complement each other. You don’t HAVE to copy me exactly.
But let me tell you… I bought a can of monk fruit over 1 year ago. It was around $30,- Expensive, but I still have over 75% of the product left!
So I am very happy I did this investment. Monk fruit is the best sweetener if you ask me:
1. It has a great taste
2. You only need a pinch of it to make a large dish sweet(er) (it is over 200 times sweeter than regular sugar)
3. It even has health benefits.
4. It does not spike your insulin-levels.
Other sweeteners I use are vanilla bourbon, carob powder, raw cacao (bitter/sweet), cinnamon and this time I added LA VIDA VEGAN ALMOND PASTA).
All these sweeteners have their own benefits. I know it might be expensive to buy them all, but they all last very long (not as long as monk fruit, but still long).
I have not regretted my purchase with any product and I bought it when I had little money. I’m not saying that you should do that too, but I want to state that it has all been very worthwhile to me.
PS some sweeteners like carob powder are quite cheap.
• ½ cup coconut milk
• 4 tbsp. coconut flour
• ½ tbsp. psyllium husk
• 2 tbsp. coconut zest, unsweetened
• 2 tbsp. hempseed powder (optional – to add some protein)
• 1 tbsp. peanut butter
• ½ tbsp. La Vida Vegan almond pasta
• ½ tbsp. carob powder
• ½ tbsp. raw cacao powder
Extra sweeteners (optional):
• 1/2 tsp. of vanilla bourbon
• Pinch of monk fruit
• Pinch of cinnamon
I also added half a hand full of almond slivers and 6 drops of peppermint extract.
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Add some extra liquid if you need/want (coconut milk or other plant based milk).
THAT’S IT! Enjoy.
Carbs: 19,0 g.
Net carbs: 16,0 g.